This is very true…I am one of those people who hasnt been a part of the ‘techy’ world for along time.
Think digital careers are just for ‘techy’ people? Think again. Digital now impacts on every area of life and is creating lots of opportunities in various roles across all sectors. This post is a summary of a careers event run by Amy & Lauren from Bubble Jobs at the University of Leeds in April 2015.
What is the digital industry?
The industries that spring to mind when you think about digital are probably ones such as media, technology, digital marketing, and so on. However, as digital technologies now pervade every area of life, so digital jobs can be found across all industries and sectors.
What are the key job roles?
View original post 808 more words
Soft Pretzels….Nothing better
Today’s five things to know about Pretzel
- The first pretzel was created in 610 A.D. by a monk in southern France or northern Italy. It was originally called a ‘pretiola’ and was renamed ‘pretzel’ later when the idea migrated to Germany and Austria.
- In 1861, pretzel twisting was the second highest-paying job in the Philadelphia region. Today, machines do the twisting, although at some artisan shops, tourists can still see it done the old-fashioned way.
- The birthplace of the hard pretzel was Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. The pretzel, or bretzel as it was called then, first came to America in 1710 with Palatine German immigrants (from the Rhineland) who settled in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania and became known, incorrectly, as the “Pennsylvania Dutch.”
- In the 18th century, German children would wear pretzel necklaces at the beginning of a new year for prosperity, health and good fortune.
- In the 17th century, pretzels were…
View original post 397 more words
I changed some things around with the font styles and colors to make the pages look more aesthetically appealing. I also edited some picture captions, resume info and other housekeeping issues that hopefully looks better. I think I have a good start. Now I have to start connecting with people!
Well I think I figured it out…WordPress that is. changed design and updated a few things on my resume. Added information to the clients section.
Added new content to the projects page. Wordpress does not make it easy. It’s difficult to navigate around the obstacles of not being able to upload videos and documents. Still working on it. I would really like the projects page to come together so I can organize some of the things I have done.
I have made some changes so the pages look a little better. The goal is to have a website where employers and clients can request services. If you loath social media and find it mind numbing contact me I can set it up for you. Social media is a great tool today to reach people. Don’t let it pass you by.